Submitted by Nesma, Egypt
Could you please recommend books on the role of listening in second language learning?
Dr Richards responds:
Dr. Richards’ recommendations:
- Field, J. (2008) Listening in the Language Classroom, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Flowerdew, J. and Miller, L. (2005) Second Language Listening, New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Lynch, T. (2009) Teaching Second Language Listening, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Richards, J. C. and Burns, A. (2012) Tips for Teaching Listening, New York: Pearson.
- Vandergrift, L. and Goh, C. (2012) Teaching and Learning Second Language Listening: Metacognition in Action, New York: Routledge.
- Wilson, J. J. (2008) How to Teach Listening, Harlow, Essex: Pearson Longman.